‘Tis the season for family, friends, holidays and gift giving.
Looking to surprise your favorite PR pro this holiday season? Gifts for communications professionals are a special type! While some people like gifts that connect with their hobbies, sometimes a gift that can add some inspiration to their work life is a great mix from the normal hat and scarf.
Here are several gift ideas for PR pros that can let the communicator in your life know how special he or she is, while also sharpening their skills, network and more.
- A personalized engraved business card holder for networking
- When you’re taking notes all day, pens play a vital role throughout your 9-5 schedule. Our D+P staff has favorites – Sharpie Fine Tip no bleed, Pilot Precise V5 Premium Rolling Ball Stick Pens and Paper Mate InkJoy Gel Pens.
- Your PR pro is on the go each day. Make sure their phone is juiced by gifting them an Anker PowerCore Speed 10000mAh portable charger.
- A coffee shop gift card is a sure winner to bring daily cheer (and energy) to someone’s inbox. Cheers!
Holiday Cheer in the Ear
- There is nothing better than working on pitches and releases while your ears are filled with your favorite tunes. But when you have ear buds in, it’s hard to hear your surroundings. Insert Aftershokz! This open-ear headphone delivers unrivaled situational awareness and comfort, while their premium audio provides the ultimate open ear listening experience.
- To go along with their new headphones, purchase a one year music subscription to Apple Music, Pandora or Spotify – – who doesn’t want one year without any commercials while listening to music?
Let’s Get Organized
- Meetings call for notebooks, pens, laptops and paperwork. Help your favorite female get organized by purchasing a Dagne Dover purse. Dagne Dover takes pride in delivering thoughtful solutions to help buyers live smart. Whether they’re heading to a meeting, the office and then spin class, they have a solution for everyone.
- Your gift receiver simply needs this Keyboard Desk Organizer to keep their things neat and tidy! This simple and slim design will fit perfectly into their desktop to prevent spills and reduce stress.
- Have your loved one show up to their next meeting in style with their brand new Moleskin notebook.
- Believe it or not, not everyone organizes their calendar with their iPhone Calendar function (shocking, we know!) Though much of a PR pro’s work is now done digitally, many communicators find that using a paper planner helps them organize their schedules, goals, to-do lists and more. Check out planner options by Day Designer.
- Public relations specialists aren’t just writing these days. They are writing, editing, working on social media and even video production. Solve all filming stability issues by grabbing this tripod with Blue Tooth shutter remote to make filming a breeze.
- Don’t forget – a lavalier lapel microphone to go along with the tripod for crystal clear audio!
- One year subscription to Canva. Working smarter, branding power and visual storytelling are must-dos in PR. Canva lets users gear up with the essentials of DIY creativity that gives professional quality results. With free templates and layouts, this user-friendly program is for everyone.
- Are song titles bolded or italicized in a press release? We bet you never knew there was a difference, huh? Think no more – gift your PR pro with an online AP Stylebook subscription. They will thank you later!
- Purchase a one year PR News subscription. The PR News Group is a daily intellectual hub that serves the communications and marketing community at corporations, agencies and nonprofits. Help your friend stay on top of industry news and trends.
- Your favorite PR pro has a passion within the industry. Surprise them by sending them to a professional conference like social media, blogging, brand journalism, podcasts, etc. They will be thrilled to learn from the best!
We hope you were able to find at least one gift idea for your family member or friend. Happy holidays and happy shopping.