‘Tis the season for family, friends and, of course, shopping for your favorite communications professional. Last year I started D+P’s holiday gift list for your favorite PR pros and we’re continuing the tradition in 2019 with Holiday Shopping Volume 2.
Whether your communications loved one is a 20-year veteran or just starting out, there is sure to be something on the list for anyone and any age. Motivation, notebooks, subscriptions, drinkware…we have it all!
Grab your credit cards and let’s start shopping!
Gifts Under $25
- Desk makeup mirror: Meetings sometimes come up suddenly with clients and to be honest, sometimes female professionals don’t put as much makeup on during their day-to-day versus what they’d normally wear for a formal meeting. This handy dandy desk mirror is perfect for a little touch-up session before heading out to a client’s office.
- Rocket Book: No more wasting paper or buying notebooks – this environmentally friendly 36 page dotted grid notebook can be used endlessly by utilizing their specialized pens and wiping clean with a damp cloth. But how do you keep your notes if you erase them? Blast your handwritten notes to popular cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Box, OneNote, Slack, iCloud, email and more using the free Rocketbook application for iOS and Android.
- Is your PR pro creative, loves digital design or video creation? Adobe Creative Cloud is a collection of 20+ desktop and mobile apps and services for photography, design, video, web, UX and more. Hook them up with one month for free and $20.99 per month after the first month.
- Motivational Signage: Sometimes, you just need that daily motivational reminder to get your day off on the right foot. This motivational sign to put in your cube or office will be a great way to start your morning each day.
- Personalized Stainless Steel Coffee Tumbler: Does your PR pro love to start their day with a fresh cup of Joe? Spice up their drinkware with these custom coffee tumblers that will be sure to keep their drinks warm throughout the morning. Cheers!
- The job hustle is hard work and it sometimes takes you to different sides of a city. Spoil your communications professional with an Uber Gift Card so they can get from point A to point B on your dime.
- Poster Print Out:Who says PR pros can’t be nerdy?Check out this periodic table for communications pros.The common elements of smart internal communication include a set of building blocks that, when brought together create an affinity, setting off a chain reaction that leads to better collaboration, greater productivity and enhanced performance. This is the perfect team building activity in the office. While the table is free, you can blow this table up to poster size easily at your local Staples or Office Max.
- For the individuals who work in public relations, we often adore our clients because we work with them so regularly. Allow your family members to send their clients some holiday cheer by sending personalized Holiday Cards.
- If you work in the communications field, you most likely run a social media account of some sort. Looking to spice up your content? Grab this National Day Desk Calendar, afull year of fun-filled and wacky days of celebrations.
- Does your PR pro need a little assistance when writing pitches or press releases? Grammarlyis there to correct all grammar errors and enhance writing skills. A bonus, there is an upgraded version and the majority of Premium users report less stress and stronger writing skills.
- Facts are facts, and sadly many comms professionals do a lot of sitting at their desks. Give their back a break and purchase this Memory Foam Seat Cushion & Lumbar Back Cushion Combo, gel infused and ventilated orthopedic design for coccyx and tailbone support that can help with sciatica.
- Does your friend need help with a chug check? On average, health professionals encourage to drink eight 8-oz glasses of water a day. Buy this Hydration Bottle to keep on track of fluid intake.
Gifts $100 and More
- If your PR pro is looking to get out of their chair more often than not, purchase this thoughtful present, a Standing Desk, that allows them to get up from their chair when they need it, but also offers a comfortable seated position when they prefer.
- Amazon is incredible and has everything anyone could ever want. No description needed – help do your loved one a favor and buy them an Amazon Prime Membership for a year at $119.
- Is your friend working in the Philadelphia market? Purchase an annual membership for $175 to the Philadelphia Public Relations Association. The Philadelphia Public Relations Association (PPRA) is the premier organization for communications professionals in the Greater Philadelphia area. Or feel free to help them become an annual member of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) of Philadelphia for $60. PRSA provides opportunities for professional development, mentoring, networking and continuous learning in all strategic communication disciplines to 430 members across Greater Philadelphia. Feeling real nice? Buy them both!
- FitBit: As PR pros, we’re often stuck at our desk cranking out content and not hitting the U.S. standard of getting 10,000 steps per day. Make an office challenge and get this fitness tracker to get fitness on the forefront of your loved one’s mind. Lots of watch styles and options are available including smartwatch features, stepcounting and activity tracker.
With 16 fun and creative ideas, we hope you were able to find at least one gift idea to treat your family member or friend. Happy holidays and happy shopping from the D+P team.